Farmington History

Farmington was settled in the 1820's by William H. Engles of Virginia who operated a grist mill along the banks of the Farmington Creek. During this period the town was known as Engles Mill until Mr. Engles renamed the town Farmington. He saw the area as a farming community well suited to farming and raising families. Farmington was incorporated in the late 1940's with the majority of the city used for agricultural purposes. One of the oldest and largest nurseries in the United States was based in Farmington. Stark Brothers Nursery was started in the late 1890's and continued for more than 70 years. 

Farmington City Hall

Farmington Parks

Creekside Park is located at 54 N. Hunter. Creekside Park offers a half mile walking trail, picnic tables, benches, large playground and  pavilions that can be rented (see below).

Pavilion Rental

The Pavilions at Creekside Park are available to rent for non refundable fee. Contact City Hall at 479-267-3865 for availability. Reservation will be made when payment (check, money order or cash) is received.  

Farmington parks