Animal Reporting


For the safety and welfare of all of our citizens we require that animals be restrained at all times, either by leash, cord, chain, fence, or enclosure of sufficient strength to contain the animal. Animals in automobiles must be physically confined to the vehicle. Animals not contained in the aforementioned manner shall be considered running at large. Animals found to be running at large may be picked up by Animal Control, impounded and/or a citation issued for the violation. This applies to dogs and cats.

Please call City Hall at 479-267-3865 to make a report.

Reporting Issues

Animal Bite Injury

Animal bite injuries should be reported immediately. If the bite injury occurs within City limits, call City Hall at (479) 267-3865 or the Police Department at (479) 267-3411.

If the bite injury occurs outside the City limits of Farmington, report the injury to the Washington County Sheriff Office at 479-444-5700.

Give the person answering the phone the address and location of where the animal can be found. Try to describe the breed, size, color, and any distinct markings on the animal, where it may live and if it's wearing a collar or tag. An Animal Control Officer will be dispatched to your location to complete an animal bite report.

Stray & Wild Animals

Pet owners in Farmington city limits are required to keep their pet in a fence, on a chain temporarily (not on a permanent basis), on a trolley system, or on a leash at all times. To report a stray or wild animal in Farmington, call City Hall at (479) 267-3865. You will need to provide the address and a description of the animal.